Friday, August 12, 2011

Amazon Organic Bulk Buy

I have just under $42 in my Amazon account than you very much to Swagbucks. And it's burning a hole in my virtual pocket so to speak. It's the hunt or shopping on Amazon for the best bargains, the most bang for my buck from the perspective of a fugal homesteader. Liken it to hanging out all morning @ your favorite thrift store on half off day.  You never know what deals await with the click of a mouse.

For the last few weeks I have been doing Amazon searches coffee, whole bean to be exact because it stores better than ground (once the bean is crushed there's a finite shelf life). Today was suppose to be the day that I do an order of my favorite beverage. It's kinda like wine shopping for me. The research is almost as much as the drinking.

Then I got to thinking ... yeah I know but this is one is a reality.
I can barter for for coffee.
I can't always barter for pantry staples like wheat. While I have just about enough wheat to last us for the coming year  the general rule if prepping is to have @ least 3 years worth of supplies. Be it batteries or bread or the means to make bread which for us is wheat berries.
So this is what I have come up with -



I can't touch this price locally thru my usual sources (restaurant supply store) and since I all I have in my pocket to spend are my Amazon gift cards I think that this is a pretty good deal.
I'm open to suggestions people.
I haven't clicked on the subscribe & save button yet.
It's 50 lbs. for $38.30 or 77¢ per pound. No shipping & handling fee.

For those of you who can't or don't grind your grain here is an equally good deal $24.45 or 8¢ per once organic bread flour whole wheat - four 5 lbs. bags = 20 lbs. (subscribe & save) -



ETA: my barter buddy source for locally grown wheat dried up.


~~ pelenaka ~~

2 comments:

  1. that is a great buy and I'm glad you share your dealsurfing tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I can't tell you how I agonize over the math when it comes to spending & then posting what I buy. Sometimes I feel like I'm even more careful with the free Amazon money then regular $.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, good to know there are other's with this interest